Bratsigovo Bracigovo Bratzigovo Брацигово

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

1st Day of Spring


(Celebrating with co-workers on the 1st day of spring)

On the 1st day of spring I went to one of the orphanages to celebrate with the kids. A man from the US Military who helped re-model the orphanage a few years back sent some money to me to treat the kids to pizza. Thanks again Bob! After dinner some of the kids had singing lessons and I sat in to listen to them sing traditional Bulgarian songs.

After that I met up with some co-workers at a restaurant and was out until about midnight. All in all, it was a pretty nice way to welcome in the spring. Especially since back home, I usually don't celebrate this day at all. I also got to take off all those martinitsa bracelets they gave me on the 1st of March. This means no more snow and here comes the rain. Now I enter California's winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home