Bratsigovo Bracigovo Bratzigovo Брацигово

Monday, March 21, 2005

Happy Trails


(An old Roman road in the Bratsigovo Mountains)

Last week I visited the town of Kalofer for a seminar on creating a tourism center. Bratsigovo is interested in creating one of these to disseminate information on business developments as well as tourism. It was interesting and informative. I wish one of my co-workers would have attended. In any case I have made some contacts to help me with this project and will fill my colleagues in on what I learned.

After the seminar we went on a hike through the mountains in Kalofer. It had pretty nice scenery with a river and waterfalls. I wish I could show you, but I left my camera at home.

Pumped up from our little hike, me and a couple volunteers, decided to go to Bratsigovo and do a little hiking there. It was a little difficult because there were no maps marking the trails. We ended up having to turn around many times when a river got in our way or we just didn't know where we were going. We did pass through a little village called Rosovo in search of a resevoir. Never did find that resevoir. A cool project I can work on now is disovering many of the trails and creating a map.

I added a link to Peace Corp Bulgaria Photo blog under the about Bulgaria section. It has a collection of photos taken by current Peace Corps Bulgaria volunteers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home