Bratsigovo Bracigovo Bratzigovo Брацигово

Monday, March 07, 2005

More opposites

Back in September after I had been in Bulgaria for a couple months, I presented an Introduction to the Opposites. Well, after being here for seven months now, I have discoverd some more. So jump down that rabbit whole with me agian for a few more, but watch out for the rabid dogs.

When deciding on what projects to undertake for the municipality, instead of determining what is needed, my colleagues often search for grants on the internet first to see what projects organizations are funding. If they find an organization they think they can get money from, then they decide to do that particular project described by the funding organization.

Bulgarian weddings include a lot of celebration and can often last several days. When a man finally slips the ring on his brides finger he slips it on her right hand, not left.

At restaurants drinks are often displayed in the front of the menu, not the back.

The "other week" means next week, not last.

Cars are parked on the sidewalk and people often walk in the middle of the street.

Men wear capri's, not women. Volunteers often call these "manpri's."

Now you know a little more about the world I live in. I hope you didn't get bit, but if you did maybe I'll see you in Bulgaria soon. I hear my family got bit.

1 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny. People all over the world are the same it's just the cultures that are different.

j

 

Post a Comment

<< Home