Bratsigovo Bracigovo Bratzigovo Брацигово

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

More Snow, No Dough

It snowed pretty good for the last couple of days, but today the snow melted into slush. I wanted to take more pictures of Bratsigovo in the snow, but I guess I will have to wait until the next snow storm. The ski resorts up in the mountains should have a lot of snow now. Maybe I can check one of them out in a couple weeks.

The work I am doing this week is about as boring as the color of snow. We have a lot of projects to do, but no money to carry them out, so I look for funding sources on the internet. I can't seem to find money for these projects. I've looked through so many organizations websites, I forget which ones I've already looked at and for which project.

When I was in Shumen last week I met a very good volunteer and he has recieved about $35,000 for his organization. He's been in Bulgaria for a year and a half. Most of the projects I need to find funding for are $35,000 alone. That's down from the half a million dollar projects they wanted me to find funding for when I first got here. $35,000 doesn't seem like that much money on the grand scale. It's got to be out there somewhere, right? But where? I'll keep looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home