Bratsigovo Bracigovo Bratzigovo Брацигово

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Got Peanut Butter

Last week when I went traveling around Bulgaria I planned to get a couple things before coming home, avacados and peanut butter. You can find them in the bigger cities, but in small towns like Bratsigovo the stores don't carry them. Got the avacados but forgot the peanut butter.

Well I got my peanut butter today! I had to go to Pazardjik for an emergency exercise. Every volunteer is a part of a consolidation group of around a dozen volunteers that meet in case of a disaster. The guy in charge of security for Peace Corps Bulgaria chose my group to take part in the test. Every one in my group had to meet at our consolidation place in Pazardjik. After we all gathered together, they let us free. So I went off and bought some Peanut Butter. I could hardly contain my exitement. See what Peace Corps does to you. It makes you jump around at the thought of getting things like peanut butter.

My mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday recently. I almost told her to get me Ziploc bags. Ha ha! They don't have those here and they are so useful.

Lunch starts in 10 minutes. I hope those avacados are ready today.

3 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember you can always make peanut butter too, if you have a strong blender. Just get some peanuts and presto!!! I hope it was Skippy Peanut Butter...still the best. ECW

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Matthew Wahlgren said...

I think I have a strong hand blender that might work. Do I need to add some sort of liquid though? Like oil?

It wasn't skippy. It's called American Peanut Butter or something. It's made in New York and has the flag draped all over it.

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a lot of oil already in peanuts, but test it and if need be use a very bland canola type oil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home