Bratsigovo Bracigovo Bratzigovo Брацигово

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Veliko Turnovo


(My Bus Friends)

I went to Veliko Turnovo, the old capital, the other weekend. It took six hours. I made some friends on the bus to kill the time. Turnovo is a really cool city. Probably my favorite so far, right ahead of Plovdiv.

The reason for my journy was to celebrate the birthday of another volunteer. We stayed in a hostel a little out of the way, but had a great view of the castle. We ate chinese food that night, went to a few bars, and went to bed early(2am) to see some site seeing the next day.

They're rebuilding the castle, but right now it is pretty delapidated. We wandered all through the fortress like it was a jungle gym, climbing walls and jumping in holes. The old church at the top was pretty modern inside. The art inside is new and a little odd, but cool.

Pictures coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home