Bratsigovo Bracigovo Bratzigovo Брацигово

Friday, December 17, 2004

Friends of Bulgaria

I added a new link under the "About Bulgaia" heading on the bottom right-hand column. It's called Friends of Bulgaria. This is an organization started by a group of former PCV's in Bulgaria. They provide small grants for assistance in Bulgaria. They also have a little information about Bulgaria and some cool pictures.

I've also added another perspective from a PCV under the "Other Perspectives from PCV's" heading called Where's Julian. Check it out and read about the explosion that shook his home while he was sleeping.

The lady that I share an office with just handed me another cough drop. Every time I sneeze she gives me one and has one her self. I am getting tired of eating these things, so I just put them in my drawer. I feel like the kid who stuffs his pop tarts in his locker at school. I tried to tell her I don't want them, but she doesn't take no for an answer.

That's pretty common here. It use to happen when I lived with a host family. They would ask me if I want some Rakiya(Bulgarian whiskey) and I would say,"no thanks." They would say, "just a little bit." I would agree and then they would poor me a whole bunch. The same treatment goes for food and anything else you can think of. Actually sometimes when it comes to food once you have finished even just one of the dishes they fill it back up to the brim with out asking. It's because compared to them Americans eat fast and if you eat too fast they think you must be hungry. Same goes for the Rakiya, so if you ever get a chance to experience the hospitality of Bulgarians make sure you take your time when eating and drinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home