Bratsigovo Bracigovo Bratzigovo Брацигово

Friday, May 13, 2005

Nasco



Here Nasco is posing with a couple of his employees who work at his grocery shop. His store is my favorite in Bratsigovo. The employees are always understanding and helpful when I am trying to explain what I am looking for. This store is one of the cleanest in Bratsigovo and less crowded. I usually start my day by picking up either a bananna or some pastry for breakfast before going to work.

Nasco loves to tell his stories of when he was in the army and all the countries he travelled to. He recently told me of a drink that was very popular in Bulgaria about a decade ago called "American and Russian friendship." It's Russian vodka mixed with Coca cola. I told Chicho Colo about this drink last night and he mixed one for me and himself.

Nasco's wife is the director of the museum in Bratsigovo. They have a little boy together who knows a little English. Megan and I had him over for a visit one time and cooked him dinner. I am planning on going over to Nasco's house soon for a visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home