Bratsigovo Bracigovo Bratzigovo Брацигово

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Happy Easter!

No, I'm not late. Easter in Bulgaria is today this year. Normally Bulgarians use the same calendar that we do in the states, but to calculate the occurence of this holiday they use the greogorian calandar. The logic being that that was the calendar used when Christians first celebrated this holiday.

In Bratsigovo a lot of people go to church around 11pm and stayed there until after 12am. After this a lot of people go to a cafe. Usually cafe's in Bratsigovo close around 11pm, but this day they will stay open till around 2am. I feel like it's New Year's. Unfortunately I have gotten use to turning in early at night and am ready to tuck myself into bed now. Next year I'll make sure I'm awake to see the traditions carried out on this day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home