Bratsigovo Bracigovo Bratzigovo Брацигово

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Trip home

I went back home for my brothers wedding. He decided to get married. I knew he was going to do this when I was half way across the world. My time there was interesting and it allowed me to dump a lot of baggage off that I won't need for my last three months in Bulgaria.

As soon as I entered the airport in SF, my nose was filled with strong smells. It was wierd to see people eating lunches out of cardboard boxes, talking on cell phones, playing with laptops. I already felt the rush of life here.

Coming back home it was as if I could see Americans as if I wasn't one of them. Now I understand what they meant when they said I would have to re-integrate into American life. My Dad took my to a grocery store and asked me if I wanted anything. I'm used to small little markets. This store had way to many options for me to sort out. I just said I didn't want anything.

I ate lots of food I missed. Chinese buffet's and mexican food. The wedding was really nice. I did a speech and spoke a little bulgarian. Bulgarians gave me a lot of stuff to take to the states. I brought a lot of stuff back to Bulgaria to give as gifts. Vegetable seeds, pork rinds, alcohol, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home