Bratsigovo Bracigovo Bratzigovo Брацигово

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Last weekend

Last weekend some trainees in Bratsigovo and I went to Sofia to celebrate Meghans birthday. After checking into our hostel we made our way to the Kentucky Fried Chicken. We all paid about the same, but for some reason some of us got twice as much food as others. Luckily, I got the big meal.

We headed to an Irish Pub early in the night where I felt a little uncomfortable. I'm not use to being in a place where everyone speaks English. It felt akward to think that everybody could understand what I was saying. I had to watch myself. After that those of us who hadn't gone to bed went to check out "Swingin Club." It has two rooms with two live bands that play covers of songs in English. We all danced, sang along, and switched back and forth between the rooms.

The second night we ate Mexican food at Machu Pichu. It's been a year since I had Mexican food and for that I think I enjoyed this dinner more than the trainees. Honestly the food is not top quality Mexican, but it was close enough for me. I think they'll enjoy it more in a year too.

We stopped by Beer hall after dinner. They have a big wall full of all kinds of beer to choose from. I got a whiskey on the rocks. "My Mohito" was our next stop. A bunch of actors shooting a film in Sofia happened to be there. There were some Jackie Chan karate stunt men. I recognized one of the other actors. He's a mid-range actor named Nicholas Gonzalaz. It was interesting to see the Jackie Chan stunt men do their moves on the dance floor. It was even more interesting to see them try and hit on Bulgarian women. It's hard to get womens attention in this country. They're pretty tough.

We left Sofia the next day, but not before stopping by McDonalds and subway. The trainees will be leaving my town soon and I think this trip was a nice send off.

1 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's halloween like in bulgaria? as crazy as yugoslavia [or so i heard]?

send me a mail. later dude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home