Bratsigovo Bracigovo Bratzigovo Брацигово

Thursday, September 02, 2004

My Host Family

(originally sent out as a mass email)

Whats up everyone? I finally found a way to email you guys some picture, so I though I would send them.

Most of you know by now I am in Bulgaria. I have been here for about three weeks. The first week all 59 new Peace Corps Trainees (PCT's), including me, stayed in Strelcha for general orientation. Now we have split off in to groups of five and moved to other cities. I am in Peshtera. I will be here for three months learning the language, training for my job, and adjusting to the culture.

I live with a family in their apartment. The mom's name is Yordanka. Her son, Lanko, lives there too. He's 20 years old. We've hung out a few times going to the local Cafe's and Disco.

The pictures I attached are from my first week in Strelcha. The first picture is a shot of the small town. The second picture I took when I was on my way into town. The horse is in front of a small chapel. The last picture is in front of the hotel we stayed in. These three girls greeted us with bread that is dipped in a mixture of spices. They are dressed in Bulgaria's traditional garb.

Hope you like the pics. I'll send more later. TTYS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home